Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love pizza pockets filled with goodies and I wanted to come up with something for my lunch today. I had some leftovers and added them into the mix. Ole!
- 1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust, recipe (no yeast-vegan)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package chicken pieces (I used vege-chicken)
- 1⁄4 cup cooked corn niblets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (fine chopped)
- 5 button mushrooms, chopped small
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts (chopped fine)
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or other tomato sauce)
- 1 (11 ounce) package vegan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the pizza dough and set aside. I put mine in a plastic container with a lid. I put some olive oil on the dough to keep it supple.
- Prepare all the ingredients that need chopping.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for a few minutes, then add everything else except the marinara sauce and cheese.
- Turn the heat down and add the marinara sauce until the mixture is just moist. Stir this for a few minutes to combine everything together.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Divide the pizza dough into two equal pieces. Roll them out and put half the filling on each round.
- Shred some cheese on top of the marinara mixture and then seal the calzones well so they don't leak. You can brush the tops with some soy milk or melted vegan margarine.
- Cut small vent holes in the top of the pastries and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Bon Appetit!