1/1 Photo of Chef Joey's Mexican Calzone (Vegan)
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I love pizza pockets filled with goodies and I wanted to come up with something for my lunch today. I had some leftovers and added them into the mix. Ole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust, recipe (no yeast-vegan)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package chicken pieces (I used vege-chicken)
- 1/4 cup cooked corn niblets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (chopped fine)
- 1/4 cup black olives (fine chopped)
- 5 button mushrooms, chopped small
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts (chopped fine)
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or other tomato sauce)
- 1 (11 ounce) package vegan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Prepare the pizza dough and set aside. I put mine in a plastic container with a lid. I put some olive oil on the dough to keep it supple.
- 3Prepare all the ingredients that need chopping.
- 4Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for a few minutes, then add everything else except the marinara sauce and cheese.
- 5Turn the heat down and add the marinara sauce until the mixture is just moist. Stir this for a few minutes to combine everything together.
- 6Remove from heat and let cool.
- 7Divide the pizza dough into two equal pieces. Roll them out and put half the filling on each round.
- 8Shred some cheese on top of the marinara mixture and then seal the calzones well so they don't leak. You can brush the tops with some soy milk or melted vegan margarine.
- 9Cut small vent holes in the top of the pastries and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 10Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Joey's Mexican Calzone (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 659.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust
chipotle chiles in adobo