I made this bread this morning and it is very good. I like that its low carb. It doesn't have any sugar in it either, which is great for my diet. I used non-dairy ingredients as well. If you plan to add any seeds or nuts to your bread add them to the flour mixture before you put it into the machine as it only has one rising cycle when using this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup water (warm 95-100'F)
- 1⁄2 cup soy coffee creamer (I used silk)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten, plus
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered soy protein concentrate
- 1⁄4 ounce fast rising yeast
- Mix the one cup plus the two tablespoons of wheat gluten, oat flour, salt and soy protein powder in a large bowl. You want to sift and combine the ingredients well. I put mine in the bowl of my stand mixer and used the whisk to sift them together.
- Heat the silk creamer to slightly warm and then add the warm water and egg, mixing well as you add the egg so it doesn't cook.
- Add the oil to the bottom of the bread machine. Then add into that your cream, water and egg mixture.
- Carefully add the flour mixture to it floats on the top of the liquid. I sprinkled some of it on top so it wouldn't go into the liquid, then I slowly spooned the rest on top.
- Sprinkle the yeast packet evenly on top of the flour mixture.
- Set according to your bread machine instructions. I have a Breadman and I used setting 7 which is a 59 minute cycle. It has only one rising and is perfect for this bread.
- Cool completely on a metal rack.
- Bon Appetit.