Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Since trying some of the recipes on the South Beach diet I've learned how to prepare foods with less calories and carbs. The egg basis for this omelet is Nulaid Liquid Eggs. This liquid egg replacer comes in a 16 oz. carton is cage free and 99% real egg. I got it at Wild Oats. They contain less then 1 gram of carbs per serving. I served my omelet along with one piece of sprouted wheat toast and a little Earth Balance Vegan margarine. I also had a nice hot cup of herb teal to wash it down.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 small shallots (chopped)
- 1 fire roasted peppers (I used the kind that is comes in a jar)
- 2 slices turkey bacon (chopped in small cubes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 cup nulaid egg substitute
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, saute the chopped shallots until lightly browned.
- Chop up the pepper small and add it and the chopped turkey bacon to the pan. Saute until the bacon is cooked. It won't take long, this bacon is 97% fat free and very lean.
- Measure out the egg replacer and pour it over the top of the sauted turkey bacon and veggies.
- Salt and Pepper your omelet.
- Turn the heat down and put a lid on the saute pan and let the omelet steam for a few minutes.
- Check on it to see if the egg has cooked through, this shouldn't take more then 3-5 minutes.
- Plate the omelet when done and serve with your toast and tea.
- Bon Appetit!