Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this recipe because I had some left over whole wheat spaghetti but didn't know what to do with it. Once the dish was finished, I topped it off with some freshly grated Romano cheese!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup spaghetti sauce
- 5 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 medium onion (chopped fine)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium skillet on medium high heat, saute the onion in the olive oil until just transparent.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add the garlic and saute until the garlic is just cooked. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock and spaghetti sauce. Stir this around until the whole thing is mixed well. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and stir, breaking up the spaghetti into smaller pieces. Let this simmer but keep stirring, it might stick.
- You might want to add more chicken stock at this point. Its up to you.
- Taste this and add your salt and pepper. I like mine a little hot, so I always add more pepper.
- Put in a bowl and top with some fresh grated cheese. I like Romano but Parmesan would work well too.
- Bon Appetit!