1/1 Photo of Chef Joey's Lazy Day Fruit Crisp
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I wasn't feeling particularly ambitious and decided to make this dessert to appease my sweet tooth. Use organic fruit if possible, the taste will be so much better. I served this with a huge dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top...delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the topping
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box fruit, crisp topping (I used Concord Foods Apple Crisp style)
- 5 tablespoons vegan margarine (softened)
For the fruit filling
- 1Set your oven at 375'F.
- 2Thaw the frozen fruit.
- 3Cut and core the apples. Then cut into 1" cubes. I used my veggie chopper for this and it made it so much easier to do. The fruit was uniform in size so it will cook more evenly too. Set aside in a large bowl.
- 4Soften the vegan margarine and add it to the crisp topping. Combine with a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 5Once the fruit is thawed out mix it together and put into the bottom of an 8 cup casserole dish.
- 6Put the cubed apples on top and then spread the crisp topping over the fruit evenly. Try to not to expose any of the fruit.
- 7Bake 20-30 minutes.
- 8Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Joey's Lazy Day Fruit Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: