Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wasn't feeling particularly ambitious and decided to make this dessert to appease my sweet tooth. Use organic fruit if possible, the taste will be so much better. I served this with a huge dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top...delish!
For the topping
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box fruit, crisp topping (I used Concord Foods Apple Crisp style)
- 5 tablespoons vegan margarine (softened)
For the fruit filling
- 5 tart apples (braeburn, cortland or granny smith are good)
- 1 cup frozen peaches (thawed)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (thawed)
- Set your oven at 375'F.
- Thaw the frozen fruit.
- Cut and core the apples. Then cut into 1" cubes. I used my veggie chopper for this and it made it so much easier to do. The fruit was uniform in size so it will cook more evenly too. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Soften the vegan margarine and add it to the crisp topping. Combine with a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Once the fruit is thawed out mix it together and put into the bottom of an 8 cup casserole dish.
- Put the cubed apples on top and then spread the crisp topping over the fruit evenly. Try to not to expose any of the fruit.
- Bake 20-30 minutes.
- Bon Appetit!