Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
If you enjoy Asian food then Ketjap Manis is a great sauce to have in your fridge. It's dark and sweet and really adds to Satay or Sunflower Butter Sauces. I don't like using sugar so I came up with this sauce using Agave Syrup in its place. I have tried the commercial Ketjap and it's thicker then mine.
- 2⁄3 cup dark agave syrup
- 3⁄4 cup filtered water
- 2⁄3 cup tamari soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the agave and water in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Using a candy thermometer bring the mixture up to 200'F.
- Once it reaches that temperature reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for 2-3 months in a jar with a lid.
- Bon Appetit!