Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
This sandwich was really different tasting. I love the taste of mozzarella goat cheese and scallions so I thought why not put them together. Next time I'm going to try some sweet Vedalia onion on this. I used my little George Forman grill to make this sandwich.
- 1 scallion (sliced thin)
- 4 ounces goat mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices bread (I used Jewish Rye)
- 1⁄8 cup mayonnaise (I used Vegenaise)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up your grill.
- Spray the outside of your bread with a little sunflower oil. You could use other spray oils too, but this is what I have on hand.
- Flip the bread over and generously slather the mayo on both slices of the bread.
- Slice your cheese (you could use other cheese here) very thin and lay 1/2 of it on top of the mayonnaise.
- Place the chopped scallion on top. Put the rest of the cheese on top of the scallions.
- Top with the second half of the bread.
- Grill for about 5 minutes. Less if you have a bigger grill.
- Bon Appetit!