Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
Wanted to use up some Won Ton Wrappers I had kickin' round in the fridge and came up with this recipe.
- 1 (25 ounce) jar sauerkraut (I used Bubbies)
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 (1 lb) package wonton wrapper (I used Nasoya)
- 1 beaten egg (for brushing on the won tons)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the liquid out of the sauerkraut.
- Add the sour cream and fennel seeds. Stir it well so the sour cream covers all the sauerkraut.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the sauerkraut mixture on each won ton.
- Brush two sides of the won ton wrapper with the beaten egg. Fold to form a triangle.
- Fold the two bottom pieces of the triangle together and seal with some egg wash.
- Bring the top of the triangle down and seal with egg. Brush all over with more egg wash.
- Bake at 350’F for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve with more vegan sour cream.
- Bon Appetit!