Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This soup has quite a unique taste. It's creamy and delicious. I think a nice piece of home made bread or some crackers would set this dish off perfectly. I used organic veggies as I believe that not only is the taste superior, but they are definitely better for you.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (cut in chunks)
- 1 medium potato (cubed)
- 1 (32 ounce) box low sodium chicken broth (veggie or chicken will work here)
- 1 (14 ounce) canorganic cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance margarine
- 1 cup silk coffee creamer (plain)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup non-dairy milk substitute (I used rice)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Chop up your head of cauliflower in medium chunks. In a large sauce pan combine the cauliflower, cubed potato, broth, margarine and cream of chicken soup.
- Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Using a hand blender process the cauliflower mixture to a smooth puree.
- Transfer to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Next add the silk creamer, milk, shredded carrot, garlic powder, and two bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Remove the soup once the time is up and puree it again, then return to the slow cooker and add the cheese. Let simmer until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with paprika.
- Bon Appetit!