Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is really tasty. It has a few interesting ingredients and is well worth the effort to make it. We enjoyed this one today because it's cold outside and this really warmed us up! You could put a dollop of non-dairy whipping cream on top and sprinkle a little more cinnamon on that...Yummy!
- 1 tablespoon ground chocolate (Ghirardelli)
- 1 tablespoon ground carob powder
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (I used Cafix grain beverage)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more if you like)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 4 1⁄2 cups organic almond milk
- Add the almond milk to a large saucepan and heat it slightly, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Using a whisk, whip everything together and serve in a nice cup.
- This tastes better if you heat it up slowly, but don't boil it.
- The heating times may vary depending on your stove.
- Bon Appetit!
Good but an odd combination of ingredients (chocolate & carob?). I used organic 85% cocoa chocolate bar, grated, alcohol free vanilla from the health food store, unpasteurized honey in place of agave nectar, and hemp milk because it was easier than making almond as I had some on hand. Not something I would make again.