This recipe is very tasty. It reminds me of something I once ate in an East Indian restaurant. The chicken is set in a marinade and it really helps add to the flavor and tenderizes the fowl. Be aware that the prep time doesn't include the marinade time for the chicken.
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon jalapeno powder (or 2 whole peppers seeded and chopped fine)
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 skinless chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions (chopped)
- 1 lb yukon gold potato (peeled and cubed..Yukon gold)
- 1 cup water or 1 cup broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 3 cups cauliflower (broken in small pieces)
- Prepare the first 10 ingredients in a food processor or blender. Put the marinade into a large zip lock bag. Add the chicken and turn to coat and leave to marinade in the fridge for 2-6 hours.
- After the meat is sufficiently marinaded, heat up a large skillet with the one tablespoons of olive oil and the 2 cups chopped onion. Saute for about 10 minutes or until the onions are a golden colour.
- Add the chicken, marinade, potatoes, tomatoes and cauliflower. Add the water or broth. Stir well. Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Pour the thawed peas over top and give it a stir. Leave it sit covered for about 15 minutes without touching it.
- Once the dish is finished, remove the chicken to a platter and spoon the veggies over the chicken.
- Bon Appetit.