1/2 Photos of Chef Joey's Chicken Vindaloo
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
This recipe is very tasty. It reminds me of something I once ate in an East Indian restaurant. The chicken is set in a marinade and it really helps add to the flavor and tenderizes the fowl. Be aware that the prep time doesn't include the marinade time for the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1/3 teaspoon jalapeno powder (or 2 whole peppers seeded and chopped fine)
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 skinless chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions (chopped)
- 1 lb yukon gold potato (peeled and cubed..Yukon gold)
- 1 cup water or 1 cup broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 3 cups cauliflower (broken in small pieces)
- 1Prepare the first 10 ingredients in a food processor or blender. Put the marinade into a large zip lock bag. Add the chicken and turn to coat and leave to marinade in the fridge for 2-6 hours.
- 2After the meat is sufficiently marinaded, heat up a large skillet with the one tablespoons of olive oil and the 2 cups chopped onion. Saute for about 10 minutes or until the onions are a golden colour.
- 3Add the chicken, marinade, potatoes, tomatoes and cauliflower. Add the water or broth. Stir well. Simmer covered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 4Pour the thawed peas over top and give it a stir. Leave it sit covered for about 15 minutes without touching it.
- 5Once the dish is finished, remove the chicken to a platter and spoon the veggies over the chicken.
- 6Bon Appetit.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Joey's Chicken Vindaloo
Serving Size: 1 (631 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.0 mg
- Sodium 409.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: