Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love anything with chicken and mushrooms. I find this dish to be very satisfying. I served it with mashed potatoes and a simple pear chutney..it was a hit.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons margarine (Vegan Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- 6 mushrooms (sliced medium)
- 2 shallots (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine (this is a sweet wine)
- 3⁄4 cup stock (chicken or veggie is good)
- 1 cup coffee creamer (Plain Silk soy is the best)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Put the chicken breasts between saran wrap and pound each one to 1/8-1/4" thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoons margarine and 1 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet or fry pan in med-low. Add the mushrooms and saute until just tender. Don't over cook! Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining margarine and olive oil in the same skillet and saute the chicken breasts until a golden brown on either side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the skillet now add the shallots and saute until tender.
- Add the stock and marsala wine and remove the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Reduce by about 1/3.
- Add the creamer, salt and pepper. Taste to see if you added enough salt and pepper. Then add the chicken and mushrooms back into the skillet and reheat.
- Bon Appetit.