Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
After enjoying a weekend at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center here in Albuquerque I decided to make a batch of Indian Fry Bread. I needed something tasty to put on it and came up with this recipe. You can put just about any spread or toppings on this bread.
- 1 (25 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or 1 large minced clove)
- 1 teaspoon no salt seasoning (I used Kirtland-Organic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon spike seasoning (hot and spicy)
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Open the can of beans, drain off the liquid and discard. Place the beans into a medium size bowl. Mash the beans slightly with a fork.
- Add the herbs and mash again.
- Add the lime juice. Give it a gentle stir to get the lime juice incorporated throughout the bean mixture.
- Add the salt and pepper and taste your dip.
- If you want more seasoning add more!
- Cover with plastic wrap or store in a covered container in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Spread on warm Indian fry bread or any other flat bread.
- Bon Appetit.