1/1 Photo of Chef Joey's Banana Coconut Cream Cheese Pie
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I have wanted to make a cheese cake for sometime now and came up with this recipe. As always its vegan. It turned out creamy and delicious. Please note I didn't add the time to cook the pudding in this recipe. If you want you could also use instant pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CRUST
FOR THE CHEESE PIE
- 1Preheat oven to 350'F.
- 2Toast the coconut in an oven proof dish for about 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on it, it browns fast. Set aside to cool.
- 3Set aside 1/2 cup of whipped topping for the top of the pie.
- 4Prepare your coconut pudding according to package directions but cut back on the liquid by about 1/4 cup as you want the pudding to be a bit thicker.
- 5Make sure the pudding is completely cool then add 1/2 of the remaining whipped topping. You will use the other half later.
- 6In the bowl of a food processor add the graham crackers and sugar. Process until you are left with a fine crumb. Add the butter and process until it comes together.
- 7Press into the bottom of a greased 9" spring form pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes. When done cool on a wire rack.
- 8In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Using a spatula, gently fold in last portion of the remaining vegan whipped cream.
- 9Arrange one and a half sliced bananas on the cooled graham crust. Top with half the cream cheese mixture. Then arrange the other one and a half bananas slices on the top of that.
- 10Add the whipped topping/pudding mixture on top of the cream cheese layer.
- 11Top the pie with the remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping you reserved and toasted coconut.
- 12Chill in the fridge overnight and enjoy.
- 13Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Joey's Banana Coconut Cream Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 132.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Earth Balance margarine
vegan cream cheese