Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have wanted to make a cheese cake for sometime now and came up with this recipe. As always its vegan. It turned out creamy and delicious. Please note I didn't add the time to cook the pudding in this recipe. If you want you could also use instant pudding.
FOR THE CRUST
- 10 cinnamon graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Earth Balance margarine (melted)
FOR THE CHEESE PIE
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping (divided 3 ways)
- 3 medium bananas, sliced (use firm ones)
- 1 3⁄4 cups soymilk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagecoconut pudding (I used the cooked kind)
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Toast the coconut in an oven proof dish for about 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on it, it browns fast. Set aside to cool.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of whipped topping for the top of the pie.
- Prepare your coconut pudding according to package directions but cut back on the liquid by about 1/4 cup as you want the pudding to be a bit thicker.
- Make sure the pudding is completely cool then add 1/2 of the remaining whipped topping. You will use the other half later.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the graham crackers and sugar. Process until you are left with a fine crumb. Add the butter and process until it comes together.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9" spring form pan. Bake for 5-7 minutes. When done cool on a wire rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Using a spatula, gently fold in last portion of the remaining vegan whipped cream.
- Arrange one and a half sliced bananas on the cooled graham crust. Top with half the cream cheese mixture. Then arrange the other one and a half bananas slices on the top of that.
- Add the whipped topping/pudding mixture on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Top the pie with the remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping you reserved and toasted coconut.
- Chill in the fridge overnight and enjoy.
- Bon Appetit!