Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I love the taste of Kofta balls and thought I'd change them a little so they would fit into a burger bun. I used sprouted wheat buns for mine. I put goat's cheese as opposed to cow cheese as it is much easier to digest. I baked these on a large rimmed cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and a light spray of oil. These would be delicious with a side of home made beans or some sort of spicy tomato sauce to give them a little kick.
- 2 cups cauliflower (grated)
- 2 cups red cabbage (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (spelt)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hing
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄4 onion (chopped fine)
- 1 apple (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400'F.
- Cut the parchment to fit the baking pan and spray it lightly with oil. Set aside.
- Using your food processor with the grater blade grate the cauliflower, cabbage and apple. Put in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and combine to form a slightly sticky mixture.
- Shape into burgers. I got 8 good sized ones out of this recipe.
- Place the burgers on the oiled parchment and spray the tops of each burger lightly with the oil. This will give it some crispness.
- When done let cool on the baking sheet.
- Place in your toasted burger bun and add desired toppings.
- Bon Appetit!