Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a different way to serve Lima beans. They sort of remind me of Boston baked beans. I used organic Lima beans my husband grew in our garden. The sour cream goes in at the end.
- 1 lb dried baby lima beans (organic)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine
- 1⁄4 cup molasses (unsulphured-organic)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- Make sure the Lima beans have been cleaned, rinsed and drained.
- Combine the water, margarine, molasses, mustard, and salt in the bowl of a 2.5 to 3-quart crock pot. Stir all together. Add in the Lima beans and stir again to coat.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
- Stir the beans often during the cooking process. After 8 hours on low check the beans to make sure they are soft. Stir in the sour cream and serve.
- Bon Appetit!
I have made this three times. It's obviously extremely easy to put together. And it's so delicious! It's great over brown rice. It's also great mixed with rice and then stuffed in squash, such as an acorn squash. Very good! Thanks, Joey Z!