Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
On weekends my hubby and I like to start our morning with a smoothie of some sort. This morning I decided something with a mocha base would be nice for a change. The flavor of this drink was very subtle and very delicious. I didn't need to add any sweetener as the bananas were sweet enough. Note: It is best to cut the banana up in slices before freezing.
- 2 frozen bananas (cut in 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 cups oat milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 10 whole decaf coffee beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cacao, nibs
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind up the coffee beans, cinnamon and cacao nibs in a coffee grinder until finely ground.
- In the cup of a large blender add the non-dairy milk, coconut milk, bananas and the coffee bean/cacao mixture.
- Blend on high until well incorporated.
- Serve in a tall glass and enjoy.
- Bon Appetit!