Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Talk about impressing your guests...this will do it! Chef Hans is a local chef who makes seasoning and creole dish mixes and sells them world wide. He presented this recipe on a local cooking show and I've been using it ever since.
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark cherries (NOT cherry pie filling!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy
- 1⁄2 orange
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in saute pan.
- Add cinnamon and cherries.
- Combine some cherry juice with the tsp of cornstarch.
- Add cherry brandy into saute pan.
- Squeeze orange and lemon into mixture.
- Mix in cornstarch mixture to thicken.
- Spoon over vanilla ice cream.
Hubby gave this a 5..Taste super
Made this recipe at the cottage this past week, we also used crepes from Banana Caramel Pecan Crepes which made a great dessert. Thanks.