Recipe by Chef floWer
This is one of my creations. I cook this when we have guests staying over on the weekend. A bit like Sunday Brunch were everyone wakes up as they please. I don’t eat eggs or bacon but friends who I’ve cook this for once ask for it each time they stay over. The secret in a good omelette is the pan, one with non-sick. I use a 25 cm pancake pan, it’s made by Tefal and the brand is called Integral. If you run out looking for this pan then look at special catering companies. It's really hard to find.
Top Review by KPD
fantastic!! i made this for myself this morning. this is the first recipe made in my new viking stand-up mixer!! and also the first omelette i've ever made! (i'm just now working into the whole egg thing.) i scaled the recipe down for a 2 egg omelette. for the filling i used 1 green onion sliced, ham and mexican blend cheese. it was so tasty!! this recipe was easy and delish, a keeper! thanks for another awesome recipe!
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 Spanish onions or 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 250 g bacon, rashes chopped and cooked
- 250 g cheddar cheese, shredded (Also known as tasty cheese in Australia)
For the pan
- olive oil, spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the eggs in a pouring bowl beat using a whisk or electric blender, then add parsley & mint.
- Spray olive oil on the non stick pan.
- Place pan on the stove top, heat on a medium to low heat.
- Pour 1/4 mixture of eggs on pan. (the eggs should cover the entire pan).
- Add 1/4 of onion, bacon and cheese on half a side of the eggs.
- Cook until the egg is slightly brown.
- Flip half of the cooked eggs and press down lightly (be careful as some of the mixture oozes out).
- Cook for about 2 minutes.