Recipe by Chef floWer
I make this all the time, you will need a food processor to have a smooth texture, but if you decide to make it by hand then it will not be as smooth creamy texture and the flavour will be different.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
I made this avocado dip along with another guacamole recipe to go with dinner tonight. We thought it would be fun to do a taste test. Everyone at the table gave your recipe 5 stars we all liked the addition of lemon juice in place of lime. I think this avocado dip would be fantastic on any variety of veggie, chicken or turkey sandwich or wrap. Will definitely make this recipe again. Thanks for posting FloWer. Made and reviewed for the June 2010 AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 1 small onion
- 1 avocado, must be ripe, remove skin and seed
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 1 tomatoes, diced into 2mm x 2 mm cubes
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mini food processor, process the onion, remove and to a small bowl.
- Add the diced tomatoes into the same bowl.
- Add avocado in the food processor and process the avocado until it's totally mashed.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Process them a little more, remove and add the same bowl with onion and tomatoes.
- Mix well.
- Serve with pita sticks, water cracker biscuits or savoury biscuits.