Recipe by Chef floWer
This is my mother’s recipe, she always makes it if we had a barbeque. All my relatives have a different version of Patates Salata, some add lemon juice instead of vinegar. Others relatives add beetroot/beet or fresh parsley or fresh mint or onions. This is the way I like it, quick, simple and mums recipe.
Top Review by Kiwi Kathy
This is the first time I have used dried mint and it worked fine, though I would imagine if you had fresh mint on hand that would work too. I used white balamic vinegar instead of the plain white. I trebled the recipe to make it more of a family sized serving. Very tasty and quick and easy to make. My potatoes didn't take as long to cook as the recipe suggested. I would definitely make this recipe again. Made for Aussie Kiwi Swap Dec 2010
- 200 g potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch/2.5 cms cubes and boil for 20-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain potatoes then place in serving bowl.
- Add olive oil, white vinegar, dried mint, salt and black pepper, to the potatoes, mix well.
- Allow potatoes to cool down, then you could serve or you can cover and refrigerate up to an hour before serving.