1/3 Photos of Chef Flower's Lasagna Lasagne
1 hr 30 mins
Chef floWer's Note:
You can use Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) or Beef for this lasagna. My Italian neighbour has given me this recipe except she used beef. I changed it using TVP (textured vegetable protein) Vege Mince as I don't eat red meat. I often cook this and even die-hard meat eaters enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (150 g) textured vegetable protein, TVP Vege Mince or 500 g minced beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 375 g lasagna sheets, fresh
- 450 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped (celery sticks)
- 425 g mushrooms, pieces (optional)
- 425 g diced tomatoes
- 150 g tomato paste
- 1 cup water, if needed (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 oC.
- 2Prepared the Vege Mince as instructed on packed. I buy the Sanitarium TVP Vege-Mince from the supermarket in the health food section. Leave aside mince until needed.
- 3In a food-processor process the garlic & onion then remove into a separate small bowl. Process carrots remove into a separate small bowl then process celery. (If you don't have a food-processor then finally chop the garlic, onion, carrots and celery).
- 4To prepare the sauce, heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil. Once its warm. Add garlic and onion, mix ingredients, cook for about 3 minutes or until soft (do not brown).
- 5Add oregano and black pepper (If your not a spice fan then you may want to use less black pepper), mix ingredients.
- 6Add carrots and celery sticks, mix ingredients, cook for about 2 minutes or until soft. Add (fresh or canned) mushroom pieces (optional).
- 7Mix ingredients, cook for about 2 minutes.
- 8Add mince (TVP or Beef), mix ingredients, cook for about 5 minutes. (If your using beef cook until it is slightly brown).
- 9Add diced tomatoes, tomatoes paste, mix ingredients. Add water if mixture is to dry, cook for about 25 minutes, stir occasionally.
- 10To put the lasagne together: In a square oven proof dish. Spread over about quarter of the mince mixture. Add mozzarella cheese then cover with the fresh lasagne sheet.
- 11Continue to do so until you’re about 1 cm before the top of the dish. Last layer should be the mince mixture.
- 12Cover mixture with mozzarella cheese or your favourite white sauce.
- 13Place aluminium foil and pop into the oven for about 45 minutes.
- 14Remove foil and then cook for another 15 minutes or until brown.
- 16My square oven proof dish is 30cm length, 20 cm wide & 6 cm deep. If your dish is smaller it will be ok. However you may have left over mince mixture.
- 17If you prefer to make up your own sheets you can do so, I like the lasagne sheets as it quick easy and hassle free.
- 18Any extra ingredients could be made up in disposable foil oven trays with lids and placed in the freezer or you may want to use extra sauce for with another pasta dish.
- 19Vegans: You can use vegan cheese if you wish.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Flower's Lasagna Lasagne
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.7
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 855.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein