I'm not sure who Chef Don Clark is, but I will pass along the credit. The original title to this recipe is 'Chef Don Clark's Coconut Chicken Toston Cup Filling' where you use this recipe as a filling for toston cups which are fried plantain cups made with a plantain press. Served in toston cups, you will have a smashng appetizer! Otherwise, you'll just have a tasty dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken (diced)
- 1/3 cup red pepper (chopped fine)
- 1/3 cup green pepper (chopped fine)
- 4 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (chopped fine, remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 1/3 cup red onion (chopped fine)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pineapple in juice
- kosher salt
- coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup toasted coconut (optional)
- 1In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Saute garlic and onion for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the diced chicken and cook until chicken turns white.
- 3Add half the ginger and all of the jalapeño pepper, green pepper, and red pepper.
- 4Cook for 2 minutes then add the coconut milk and brown sugar. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Let simmer for 10 minutes then add the cornstarch to thicken.
- 6When the mixture has thickened, add the pineapple along with the remainder of the ginger to get one last blast of flavor.
- 7If you use the toasted coconut, toast it until brown in the oven at 400-450 degrees, and garnish with the toasted coconut.
- 8(Fill the plantain cups and serve hot.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Don Clark's Coconut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (1358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3436.4
- Calories from Fat 1759
- Total Fat 195.4 g
- Saturated Fat 95.8 g
- Cholesterol 340.1 mg
- Sodium 511.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 334.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 300.8 g
- Protein 94.1 g