Recipe by Chef Dee
The ultimate comfort food, this tasty soup has a hearty combination of vegetables and seasonings in a beef and tomato broth. After searching thru a multitude of soup recipes, I combined what the ingredients of several and this is the result. It's a keeper, according to my family.
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups frozen vegetables
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- Brown the hamburger and onion in a large stock pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients,and bring to a boil. Add more water if necessary.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours, or place in crockpot for 5-8 hours on low.