Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Mmmm. moist and delicious stuffing. Of all the recipes I have tried, this is the only one which tastes like it came right out of the bird. As our family are big stuffing eaters, I always make this recipe then mix it with the stuffing from the bird for serving.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 10 cups day old bread cubes
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine melted margarine, chicken broth and hot water.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the water mixture over the crumb mixture and stir.
- Spray crock pot with Pam, then spoon stuffing into it.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, scraping the sides and stirring once, half way through.
- Check the moisture once or twice, add a little hot water if necessary, but it should be nice and moist as is.
I don't like to write anything negative but I feel I need to be honest. We only had a Turkey breast this year so I thought this would work for Stuffing to fill out the meal. It was horrible My 24 year old was the only one to eat it at dinner. I followed the recipe exactly but the poulty seasoning was overpowering. Maybe if you are mixing with your turkey stuffing it might work but alone its not for me.
Made for Chef Dee Cook-A-thon. Everyone liked the flavor of the stuffing . We usually eat cornbread stuffing and the texture was different than what they are use to eating, It couldn't be easier to make, Thanks Chef Dee. Bullwinkle
This was very delicous stuffing. Made it for Easter dinner and I am now just reveiwing it sorry. I made a ham, bu stuffing is just something everyone has to have it was a hit and it was nice having once less thing on the stove or in the oven to worry about with all the busy cooking going on in my small kitchen! I amde a double batch in my big crockpot.