Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthier take on that down home comfort food staple, Salisbury steak, these burgers have lots of taste. The accompanying gravy is wonderful served over mashed potatoes or rice as well as the burgers themselves. This is a favorite of ours.
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (8 ounce) packet Lipton beefy onion soup mix, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 c water
- Thoroughly combine ground turkey, 1/2 envelope soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and sage.
- Shape into 2 oval patties 3/4 inch thick.
- Brown both sides in olive oil.
- Add chicken stock, wine, mushrooms and remaining soup mix.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until patties are cooked through.
- Remove patties and add corn starch mixture to liquid until the gravy thickens up. May have to add more or less to your preference.