Recipe by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
I set out last night to make this marvelous sounding Salmon Soup, but added so many different things that I didn't feel it would be fair to rate it. I wanted more of a hearty stew, but the inspiration was definitely found in that recipe. This is a hale and hearty main dish soup that contains a healthy dose of Omega-3 oils.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchopped tomatoes with juice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb fresh salmon, cubed
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 (12 ounce) bag kluski noodles (or other type noodle)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in olive oil until lightly carmelized.
- Add celery and saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth and wine and bring to boil.
- Add salmon and spinach leaves and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer 15 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Add salt, pepper and red pepper to taste.
- Serve with parmesan to sprinkle, and some crusty bread on the side and you are set.
- Wonderful served with some fresh fruit and yogurt for dessert.