Recipe by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
Calling all you Springtime asparagus and spinach lovers, this one's for you! Not much more to say!
Top Review by Cooking Virgo
I am adding this recipe to my main cookbook, I haven't yet tried it but I absolutely hope to come spring. : D I wanted to leave you a message, but because I am not a premium member, no luck. I am from Lincoln, IL and my family is from Macoupin County, I just wanted to say that I was fun looking at your profile because I completely know the area and of course, it's fun seeing people close to home :D Bye.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces roquefort blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil, plus extra
- walnut oil, for drizzling
- 7 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
- Over medium high heat in grill pan, grill the asparagus, turning occasionally until tender, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mash the cheese with a fork. Mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and the mustard to loosen the cheese. Stir in the vinegar, then whisk in the walnut oil and remaining olive oil.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper, then add the spinach leaves and asparagus and toss to coat. Add a handful of the toasted walnuts.
- Serve immediately.