Recipe by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
This is an incredible way to make moist and delicious chicken breasts with an accompanying sauce to serve over couscous or other pasta.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
With one exception I made this recipe as posted ~ I sliced fresh mushrooms instead of using the canned ones I added them near the end of step 8, cooking them only 2-3 minutes, 'cause I really prefer my cooked mushrooms still kinda firm! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (4 ounce) package boursin cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine cream cheese and pesto.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on chicken breasts.
- Roll chicken breasts up lengthwise, tucking in the ends and secure with toothpicks.
- Salt and pepper to taste, roll in flour.
- Brown chicken breasts on all sides.
- Deglaze pan with the wine, add tomato sauce, oregano and mushrooms.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes until chicken bundles are cooked through.
- Some of the cream cheese mixture will melt and drip out of bundles, making the sauce very rich.