Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an incredible way to make moist and delicious chicken breasts with an accompanying sauce to serve over couscous or other pasta.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (4 ounce) package boursin cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- salt and pepper
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine cream cheese and pesto.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on chicken breasts.
- Roll chicken breasts up lengthwise, tucking in the ends and secure with toothpicks.
- Salt and pepper to taste, roll in flour.
- Brown chicken breasts on all sides.
- Deglaze pan with the wine, add tomato sauce, oregano and mushrooms.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes until chicken bundles are cooked through.
- Some of the cream cheese mixture will melt and drip out of bundles, making the sauce very rich.
With one exception I made this recipe as posted ~ I sliced fresh mushrooms instead of using the canned ones I added them near the end of step 8, cooking them only 2-3 minutes, 'cause I really prefer my cooked mushrooms still kinda firm! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]