Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The inspiration for this came from a local Greek restaurant that had the most marvelous green beans in tomato sauce, and the fact that I had some peas and ever abundant squash to use. The sugar takes the edge off the tomato sauce and the cinnamon provides a nice contrast. This makes a very nice side dish. I hope you like it!
- 1 medium squash, trimmed and sliced into half moons
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until squash is tender, approximately 20 minutes.