Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From our local newspaper comes this little gem. This grilling rub recipe is from a restaurant in California featured in the "Sideways" movie. It's great on meats, artichokes, asparagus -- just about anything, including fish and chicken. The trick is you must use a blender to reduce to a DUST. This makes a positively MEAN post roast -- rub it on any piece of beef -- chuck, arm or rump -- stick it in a dry crock-pot and let it cook. You will want to drink the gravy!
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon celery salt, heaping
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until a fine dust forms. You may have to maneuver the blender around to get all the ingredients pulverized.
- Store in an airtight jar.
- Sprinkle liberally on anything.
I don't know why this hasn't been reviewed yet, but it is amazingly good! Would be great on chicken, beef, pork....wow. Super tasty, super quick to throw together. Mixed it up in my spice grinder. Made for New Kids On The Block Tag.