Recipe by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
I'm trying to incorporate more fresh, raw vegetables into our diet, so while shopping a daikon radish and fennel bulb caught my eye. I thinly sliced them and prepared a simple vinaigrette. The result is a tasty, fresh salad! Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Thanks, much, for A GREAT TASTING SALAD that is something different from what we usually have! I did add one thing to all this ~ In the vinaigrette I included 1/4 teaspoon of finely minced lemon zest! Thanks for a keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 daikon radish, 4 inch piece
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and trim the daikon radish.
- Trim and quarter the fennel bulb.
- Peel and trim the carrot.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb and shred the carrot and radish (the food processor works really well here!).
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt over veggies and mix to incorporate. Allow to sit 20-30 mins, then rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Combine juice of one lemon, olive oil and salt and pepper and pour over vegetables.
- Best served slightly chilled.