Recipe by Chef-Boy-I-Be Illinois
Do you love rich, creamy pasta alfredo like us, but don't want the extra calories from the fat? Then give this a try! Unlike other recipes that utilize cottage cheese, this sauce will not break and it tastes wonderful!
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon basil, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta
- 1 medium tomatoes, halved, seeded, chopped
- cooked shrimp (or other seafood if desired) or crabmeat (or other seafood if desired) or scallops (or other seafood if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cottage cheese, garlic and skim milk in food processor or blender. Whirl, scraping down sides of bowl, until smooth (3 to 5 minutes). Add flour, lemon juice, basil, mustard, pepper and salt. Blend well. Return to medium sized saucepan; reserve.
- Cook rotelle (or your favorite pasta) according to package directions. Drain. Turn into large bowl.
- Heat cream sauce over medium low heat to thicken slightly 1 to 2 minutes. Do not boil. Remove from heat. Pour over hot pasta. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with tomato. Add seafood if desired.