Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love broccoli, but it's sometimes difficult to find methods of preparing it that are both flavorful and healthy. It's tempting to cover it with a cheesy sauce, but there goes healthy! So, last night after microwaving my Birdseye broccoli-cauliflower, I added it to a skillet of warm olive oil in which the juice of one lemon along with anchovy and garlic paste had been added. The result was delicious! If you've ever had bagna cauda, this is quite similar.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli or 1 lb fresh broccoli, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- While your broccoli (or cauliflower) is cooking, combine the rest of the ingredients in a saute pan and warm them over low heat. You want to infuse the oil with the garlic and anchovy.
- Add your broccoli to the saute pan and stir to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
This certainly was different. I would have rather had less anchovy paste on it thou, as it is very strong. But in all it was good. Made for Fall PAC 09