Recipe by love4culinary
This is from one of South Florida's premiere gourmet restaurants. Prep time does not include time to marinate!!
Top Review by Geema
This was a very simple dish to prepare with excellent taste, especially if you like spicy food. I used a citrus based Mojo Crillio to marinate the chicken, and 4-5 shakes of scotch bonnet hot sauce to replace the fresh scotch bonnet. I also added some fresh jalapenos to the onions, garlic and ginger in the skillet with the chicken. We truly loved the flavor of this dish. If I make this again, I think that I would marinate the chicken as instructed, but then grill it instead of braising it, which sometimes makes chicken a little tough unless cooked for a long time. I'd saute the vegetables and spices in some oil, and add some of the marinade to make a nice sauce to put on top the grilled chicken. However you make it, it's a real caribbean treat.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut in 8 ths
- 2 cups Key Lime Mojo marinade
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 medium scotch bonnet pepper, seeded &,diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass dish, marinate the chicken with the key lime mojo for 1 hour.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinate and pat dry with toweling paper.
- Add the oil to the pan and add the chicken in batches browning both sides for 4-5 minutes each.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet and remaining marinate to the pan.
- Simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat, until the chicken is tender.
- Season with salt and add the cilantro to finish.