Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe off the side of the Silk Soy Creamer box.
- 1⁄2 lb semisweet chocolate (good quality and chopped into 2 inch pieces)
- 1⁄3 cup non-dairy coffee creamer (soy silk and plain)
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (or rum-optional)
- cocoa powder (or finely grated semi-sweet chocolate)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over gently simmering water. Don't let the water touch the bottom of the top pot.
- Turn off the heat and let stand until you're ready to use the chocolate.
- In a small sauce pan, scald the creamer and liqueur or rum. Pour into the melted chocolate and whisk together. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish or pan in about a 1 inch layer. Chill or freeze briefly until thickened and set.
- Using a small scoop side of a melon baller, scoop out the truffles one by one, forming a 1 inch ball. Knock the melon baller against the corner of the work surface to release the truffle.
- Form into a ball with your hands. Place on a plate and refrigerate once all the balls are formed.
- When they are set, roll in cocoa powder or finely grated chocolate. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Let sit out for a few minutes before serving to bring out the flavor.