Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 5 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cut zucchini into 3/4-in. slices. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the insides and discard, leaving the bottom intact. Place zucchini on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/2 teaspoon crumbled blue cheese into each. Combine Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; sprinkle half over blue cheese. Top each with a tomato slice; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan mixture. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Yield: 35 appetizers.
- 1=0 POINTS.
- 2=.5 points.
- 3=1 point.
- 4=1.5 points.
- 5=2 points.