Playing with a 'white sauce' recipe a friend gave me produced this quick and tasty cheezy stew. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables, diced
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups rice milk or 2 cups soymilk
- 6 vegetarian meatballs, quartered
- 1/4 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon potato starch or 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the vegetables and seasoning blend, stir, saute about 3 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- 2Add the flour and begin stirring, slowly adding in the soy milk a bit at a time, stirring well, mixing to form a nice gravy.
- 3Add the 'meatballs' and potato, stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the nutritional yeast and stir until blended. Raise heat a tiny bit.
- 4Dissolve the starch in 1/4 cup warm tap water, blend well. Pour into the soup pot and stir 2-3 more minutes until sauce is thick and heated through.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheezy Vegan Stew
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 185.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: