Recipe by Becky H
This is a wonderful cheesy version of chicken spaghetti. One of my kids favorite dishes. Whenever I took this dish to work, everyone would always ask for the recipe.
Top Review by christie_vanhorn
We really likes this although I did modify it a little. I added a can of Rotel. Also, I used 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cream of mushroom. It was very tasty and easy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces shredded Velveeta cheese (reserve 1 oz)
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve 1 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring Chicken, salt and pepper to a boil in a large boiler, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken breasts are done.
- Remove Chicken reserving broth and cut into bite size pieces.
- Bring broth to a boil; add spaghetti noodles and cook until tender.
- Chop Onion and bell pepper, saute in butter until tender.
- Mix together next four ingredients, add onion mixture, spaghetti noodles and chicken, mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with reserved cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and heated throughout.