Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this recipe because it contains two of my favorite things--cheese and chicken. It is a very good switch from pasta sauce on it. My DH said he liked it better than the traditional lasagna.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cooked
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 (9 ounce) no-boil lasagna noodles
- For sauce:.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter over a low heat; stir in the flour to make a roux. Add the milk in a small stream, bringing mixture to a boil. Whisk to get smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cream of chicken soup and simmer the sauce until thick; set aside.
- For cheese filling:.
- Mix together all the cheeses, egg, and basil in a bowl; set aside.
- Grease a 13x9 pan. In the bottom, put 1 cup of the sauce and cover with 3 pasta sheets (make sure they do not touch each other).
- Spread half of the chicken, with 1/2 cup of sauce mixed in on the pasta, and top with 3 more sheets.
- Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the pasta, top with 3 more sheets.
- Continue layering the pasta in the same manner, ending with pasta. Now pour the remaining sauce over the pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.