Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although elsewhere this recipe has been called a 'Cheddar Sauce' .... although delish, cheddar it is not! I've made it thick and served as a sandwich filling topped with sprouts on a Ezekiel type bread; I've made it thinner and used it as a salad dressing and a veggie dip. I usually make this once a week so that healthy snacks will be available when the 'hungries' strike!
- 1 cup almonds (preferably soaked for a couple of hours) or 1 cup cashews (preferably soaked for a couple of hours)
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 -2 green onion
- Toss it all in the food processor and give it a spin. Test consistency and add some water if you want it thinner, like for a salad dressing or veggie dip.
I've made this recipe before (minus the green onions) and it's delicious! Did you get it from the RawFoodTalk.com forum? Anyways, thanks for posting this here, it makes amazing cheez-its or cheese dip! All the SAD eaters in my house love it, even my 14 year old brother!