Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cheese whiz like spread.
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Cut cheese into small pieces and melt in double boiler.
- Add evaporated milk, salt and mustard.
- Remove from heat and stir in eggs.
- Return to double boiler and cook until eggs thicken, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a dish and cool slowly.
- Stir as it cools to prevent a crust from forming.
- Put in jars, cover and store in refrigerator.
- Keeps several weeks.