Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Cheez-It Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs fryer chickens, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 cups sunshine Cheez-It crackers, crushed to fine crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- Clean, wash, and dry chicken.
- In shallow pan, combine Cheez-It® Cracker crumbs with salt, oregano, and celery salt.
- Roll pieces of chicken in crumbs until well coated.
- Dip chicken in mixture of egg and milk.
- Roll again in remaining crumbs until well coated.
- In a large fry pan, brown chicken a few pieces at a time, in shortening.
- When all pieces are browned, arrange back in fry pan.
- Cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 30 minutes.
I agree with the previous reviewer. The coating doesn't stay on very well. I didn't use any oregano, but did use the garlic salt. The chicken turned out very tender!
This chicken was very good, but the coating didn't stay on very well. I didn't make the whole amount of chicken called for and I'm glad for that reason alone. However, the coating had very good flavor. I followed the recipe exactly as written except for not using all of the chicken pieces, so I don't know what the problem was. Thanks for posting the recipe, though.