Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I invented this recipe because I had Cheezits, cheese, and chicken and was tired of cooking the same thing all of time. Well, my husband loves it! He insisted that I post this recipe for everyone to try!
- 2 cups crushed Cheez-It crackers
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (use thick ones)
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese (use your favorite) or 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese (use your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using the bottom of a measuring cup, crush the Cheez-its so that they may be used as breading and mix with your breadcrumbs.
- Cut your cheese into stick shapes (big enough to be put inside your chicken). Trim all excess fat off chicken and with a slim, very sharp knife carve a tunnel inside of the thickest part of each chicken breasts, by inserting the knife and turning it inside of the chicken (if you poke through the outside it's O. K. just bake that side up).
- Stuff the cheese into the chicken.
- Dip your breasts into the beaten egg and roll them into the Cheez-it breading.
- Bake them for 10 minutes then put a dollop of butter on top of each breast.
- And bake for 15 more minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
My family really enjoyed this.
Great idea and so delicious! The cracker coating wasn't as crispy as I'd like, next time I plan to cook them at 400Â°