Recipe by BlondieItaliana
Yummy quick chicken dish! If you use chicken thighs, they come out much juicier, but breasts work too. You can also make this with boneless pork. The key to this recipe is the salad dressing. Use Marie's Creamy Italian Garlic dressing Only (it's the thickest & will hold the cracker crumbs)
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs
- 4 mozzarella string cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheez-It crackers, crushed fine
- 1 cup creamy Italian dressing (Marie's Brand Only, Creamy Italian Garlic Dressing in refrigerated salad dressing section)
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in metal cooking sheet & put in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees. Pound chicken thin. Roll with mozzarella stick. Dip each chicken roll 1st in shallow bowl of dressing & coat well then dip into 2nd shallow bowl with crushed cheez-its & coat well. Remove cookie sheet of melted butter & spread butter coating sheet well.
- Put rolled, dipped chicken on sheet & bake 25 minute then turn over onto other side & bake another 25-30 minute or until juices run clear.