Chef #256951's Note:
The original recipe is from Chefs.com's newletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken, rinsed, cut to bite-size and patted dry (breast or leg)
- 1/2 lb broccoli, cut to bite-size
- 1/2 lb cauliflower, cut to bite-size
- 1 cup mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1In a pot, boil water over high heat. When water is boiling, stir in rice. Immediately reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, mix the 8 sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 3In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 4Add chicken and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, then transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- 5In the same skillet, cook the vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower), 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with chicken.
- 6Stir sauce into skillet. Simmer 3-4 minutes until until thick and bubbling.
- 7Return chicken and vegetables to skillet, stir to coat evenly.
- 8Add mango and cook until heated through. Serve over rice.
- 9Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheever's Spicy Mango Chicken & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.1
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 596.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic