Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The original recipe is from Chefs.com's newletter.
Make and share this Cheever's Spicy Mango Chicken & Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken, rinsed, cut to bite-size and patted dry (breast or leg)
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli, cut to bite-size
- 1⁄2 lb cauliflower, cut to bite-size
- 1 cup mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a pot, boil water over high heat. When water is boiling, stir in rice. Immediately reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix the 8 sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, then transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower), 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with chicken.
- Stir sauce into skillet. Simmer 3-4 minutes until until thick and bubbling.
- Return chicken and vegetables to skillet, stir to coat evenly.
- Add mango and cook until heated through. Serve over rice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.