I was watching Chopped, and I saw the chefs breading pork chops with crushed cheese curls... and knew I had to try it myself. I do not eat pork though, so my version uses chicken breasts. I was also reminded of a favorite childhood snack of mine - flaming hot Cheetos topped with nacho cheese - so I serve the chicken alongside sriracha-flavored spaetzle. This is a fun dish to make, and I'm sure kids would enjoy helping as well. Be sure to use the crunch variety of cheese-flavored Cheetos- food.com won't let me be more specific in the ingredient list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile mix flour, eggs, milk, sriracha sauce, water and salt together with a blender or food processor to create a firm dough. Set aside and let rest.
- 3While the water is coming to a boil and the dough is resting, place the chicken between two sheets of wax paper and pound with a flat mallet until the meat is about 1/2-inch thick.
- 4Prepare 3 bowls- one to hold the flour, one to hold the beaten eggs, and one to hold the crushed cheese curls. Coat each chicken filet with flour, then egg, then the cheese curls.
- 5Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Saute the chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- 6While the chicken is cooking, prepare the spaetzle. Add the dough directly into the boiling water quickly using a colander with medium-sized holes (Push the doughs through the holes with a wooden spoon). When the spaetzle float, they are ready (about 2-3 minutes). Fish them out with a slotted spoon.
- 7Serve chicken over spaetzle, and top with more sriracha sauce or some shredded cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeto-Crusted Chicken With Flaming Hot Spaetzle
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.2
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 283.1 mg
- Sodium 733.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: