Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The first time I went to make barbecue sauce from scratch, I discovered I didn't have any catsup. All I had was a partial bottle of mesquite barbecue sauce from the store. I used the barbecue sauce in place of the catsup in the recipe I was using, and thus my "cheeter" sauce filled with "meSKEETer" flavor was born. Its the only version my family wants now.
- 1 cup mesquite barbecue sauce
- 2 cups dark beer
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Cook over medium heat (slow boil) while stirring until sauce reduces by half. About 20 minutes.