Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from the blog : I Wash... You Dry. http://iwashyoudry.com/2012/01/19/cheesy-zucchini-rice-with-bacon/ I'm always looking for different recipe of rice so I plan to try this one real soon.
Top Review by Dwynnie
We also had this with bbq chicken--and it was a nice change (and super easy!). The only change was that I used about a Tbs of chives instead of the shallot. This recipe is a great way to get in veggies (and use up zucchini)!
- 2 cups chicken broth (fat free)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 slices center cut bacon, diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to a boil and add rice; stir. Reduce heat to low and cover. Let cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a skillet to medium and add bacon and shallots. Cook until brown and crispy. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon to a paper towel. Set aside.
- Once rice is cooked uncover and add butter, zucchini, and salt. Stir to combine. Add cheese and stir until the cheese melts completely. Top with the bacon or stir it in the rice.